Thursday, August 25, 2011

August 25

Psalm 119:55 says, "I reflect at night on who you are, O Lord; therefore, I obey your instructions. A revelation of who He is gives birth to a motivation to embrace what He says. When I see His sovereignty, I surrender myself.

This great chapter continues in verse 77b, "...for Your instructions are my delight." Are they? Or do we have an "oh, okay, if a I have to..." mindset when it comes to giving generously, to loving our enemies, to forgiving people who have betrayed us, to accept suffering in innocence, to feel responsible for strangers, to take up the cause of the poor, to serve my church family, to...is this our delight?

At City Life we teach about 12 pathways: prayer, Scripture, worship, fasting, accountability, relationships, gathering, reaching, service, generosity, stewardship, and rest...let's delight in them! Let us run after them with celebration and abandonment, our joy, our life, surrendering ourselves to His ways because we have seen His sovereignty!

Pastor Fred

No comments: