Thursday, November 3, 2011

November 3

The questions Philemon compel us to ask...

Who in my life have I been such an example to that I could press them like Paul presses Philemon?

Who in my life has my example to them been so Christ like that they are inspired to make restitution for their most egregious sins?

If I were in chains for faith in Christ, would there be anyone who would come to my aid at their own risk, their own expense?

Are the people closest to me more like Jesus because of my influence or in spite of my influence?

Have I cared for someone so deeply that I was willing to bear much of the cost for their mistakes?

Am I demanding of others when I am in the right or am I lovingly gracious, pursauading them with gracious truth as a dear friend?

What other questons can you find in today's reading of Philemon?

Pastor Fred

No comments: