Thursday, January 10, 2013

Job 28:23-28

God alone understands the way to wisdom;
    he knows where it can be found,
24 for he looks throughout the whole earth
    and sees everything under the heavens.
25 He decided how hard the winds should blow
    and how much rain should fall.
26 He made the laws for the rain
    and laid out a path for the lightning.
27 Then he saw wisdom and evaluated it.
    He set it in place and examined it thoroughly.
28 And this is what he says to all humanity:
The fear of the Lord is true wisdom;
    to forsake evil is real understanding.


These are great verses to make into a prayer today, start with a declaration... "God I believe that you alone understand the way to wisdom, that you know where it can be found..."  Then, insert your moment of asking... "God I ask that you would lead me to that wisdom, that you would show me how to find the wisdom that only you can reveal, that my life might bring you glory..."

So many texts in Scripture become amazing moments of prayer.  As you are reading through the Bible with us this year, we are using the Chronological plan.  There are many websites offering plans, most of which will even email you the reading for the day.  I just got an app for biblegateway.com for both my iPad and iPhone, free!

Make 2013 a year of Scripture and a year of prayer!

Pastor Fred

No comments: