Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Isaiah 35:1-10

I am writing today believing that someone who will be reading is in a place of decision.  After reading and praying this morning, I felt strongly that someone is wrestling with a major decision and is frustrated.  I encourage you to read Isaiah 35:1-10.

I love this text because it reminds us of the feelings that should be associated with God's direction.  When I read these verses, here are the emotions I see God promising to the benefactor of His presence, His direction, His wisdom, His protection:  celebration, clarity, confidence, peace, safety, contentment, satisfaction, refreshing, gladness, joy, and worshipful!  What would be the list you would make after reading these verses?  See what you can find...make your own list!

Verse eight in the NLT refers to the path of travel in the text as the Highway of Holiness, others render it the Way of Holiness, and the The Message Bible calls it the Holy Road.  Regardless of the title, the metaphor is clear...this road is the will of God, the way of God, the direction of God.  How does that apply to me, to you?  When I am making significant decisions, when I am counseling others as they make significant decisions, I looking for the kind of emotions we listed above...because those are the feelings that are the fruit, the result, the evidence of God's leading.  If those feelings are nor present in me or someone I am counseling, my decision is always the same, do nothing, wait.

The Highway of Holiness always brings joy and gladness!

Pastor Fred


No comments: