Tuesday, October 18, 2011

October 18

11 So we keep on praying for you, asking our God to enable you to live a life worthy of his call. May he give you the power to accomplish all the good things your faith prompts you to do. 12 Then the name of our Lord Jesus will be honored because of the way you live, and you will be honored along with him. This is all made possible because of the grace of our God and Lord, Jesus Christ.

We find these challenging words in 2 Thessalonians chapter one...reminding us that there is work God expects from us, born out of the grace He so freely gives! I am convinced that a message of grace that does not come with a call to change is not grace at all. If my faith is not prompting me in any way, as Paul commands in the 11th verse, then I should feel compelled to do some soul searching. If Christ is within me, then all my days should be overflowing with faith compelling moments born out of His living presence within!

Excited already for this weekend...taking on David Platt's second chapter of Radical Together, "...the gospel that save us from work saves us to work..." What a tremendous book, I know that our church is going to be the radical community of faith that the Jesus within us demands!

Pastor Fred

No comments: