Monday, March 14, 2011

March 14

I'd like to suggest that an overly simplistic view of grace has over-shadowed the Biblical teaching on desecration for many people. Deuteronomy 21:1-9 brings this idea of desecration into focus for us. If I were to define desecration as I understand it in relation to our lives, I would say desecration is to cause the sacredness of my life to be diminished by my willful disobedience to God's precepts resulting in the minimization of the favor of God upon my life. My missteps in life do not jeopardize my hope of Heaven as a devoted follower of Jesus, that's a healthy hold on grace. But desecration is something entirely different. Check out these verses for how desecration affects our prayer life: -Psalm 66:18, -Zechariah 7:13, -Proverbs 21:13, -Proverbs 28:9, -Isaiah 1:15, and -1 Peter 3:7.

C.S. Lewis says, "The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us." That's a wonderful distinction between grace and desecration. We cannot keep Him from loving us, His grace, may we not resist His divine work to transform us, dealing with our desecration inclinations!

Pastor Fred

No comments: