Wednesday, March 23, 2011

March 23

As Zechariah prophesied over his eight day old son, we find the story of each of us. Luke 1:76-79, begins with a reminder that we often need the voice of others to inspire us to listen more intently to the voice of God. Zechariah speaks of his son becoming a prophet of the Most High. We need each other. I find that the more I accept that God speaks through people, the more I hear Him in others and ultimately the more I hear Him directly with greater clarity.

The latter half of verse 76 presses me to self-reflect. How am I helping others prepare for a life more fully devoted to Jesus? I want my life to echo in eternity and one of the most eternally significant pursuits I can pursue is to point others to Jesus, with my attitudes, my choices, my character, my graciousness, my generosity, my family...I want to be a " way preparer."

Verses 77-79 all emphasize the same sobering reality, we need forgiveness. Until we fully yield to God's divine right to rule and govern our lives, we remain in darkness, the path of peace an untraveled road for our spiritual feet, the shadow of death eclipsing the light of heaven in our hearts...may we not delay casting ourselves fully upon His tender mercy, Jesus will lead us there.

Pastor Fred

No comments: