Thursday, June 27, 2013

Our Pace and Our Space

If you were not able to attend either of our campus services this past weekend, you missed an amazing message brought by City Life's very own Steve Ruggerio.  I wanted to share some of my notes and also provide this link to our podcast page where you can enjoy this rich word from God!

His text was Psalm 90:1-4, 10-12 with verse 12 being the main verse or as we call it at City Life, our weekly life verse.

Here are some quotes from Steve and then I'll give the five points he shared...

"God cares when there is clutter in our lives...for it crowds out His best for us!"

"Margins in our lives are the space between the current pace we are living and our personal limitations."

"Everyone has a red line (meaning the danger zone of too little margin)... they are different for all of us so don't establish yours by comparing to others."

"Too much margin is laziness, slothfulness...but too little is just as egregious of a sin."

"The meaningfulness of my life is not measured by productivity but rather purposefulness!"

"If we could really see God for who He is, we would give Him the reverence He is due...especially with our time, living as if our days are numbered."

"Don't live with avoidable regrets!"

He shared about an author named Bronnie Ware who by profession is a hospice nurse and throughout her years of caring for people in the last moments of their lives, she compiled a list of the most common regrets she heard.  Here are the top five in ascending order.  I'll give you the verse Steve paired with each regret and how he phrased a challenge to us related to each one.  You'll have to listen for yourself if you want the full effect...which you do!

5.)  I wish I had let myself be happier.  Nehemiah 8:10.  Choose joy!
4.)  I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.  Hebrews 10:24-25.  Stay connected!
3.)  I wish I had the courage to express my feelings.  Colossians 4:6.  Share your heart!
2.)  I wish I hadn't worked so hard.  Mark 6:31.  Our pace and our space!
1.)  I wish I had the courage to live a life true to myself.  2 Peter 1:3.  Live your story!

May we all endeavor to live as if our days are numbered because they most certainly are!

Pastor Fred




No comments: