Thursday, February 10, 2011

February 10

"Honey, have you seen the Urim and Thummim?" Do you think Aaron had a dish by the front tent flap where he kept the things he needed whenever he left? We have a key dish...all my keys ALWAYS go in there. I have drawer where my wallet ALWAYS is placed when not on my person. Otherwise, inevitably, those items I desperately rely upon are too easily misplaced.

For the first 23 years of my life, I had misplaced my love for Christ and my devotion to His plans and purposes for me. In December of 1990 I gave my heart fully to God and in so doing, created a place in my soul where my affection and loyalty remain... my prayer now, dependent upon His grace, that they will never be lost again.

Matthew 25:45 says, "I tell you the truth, when you refused to help the least of these My brothers and sisters, you were refusing to help Me." Here is a parable that is a poignant picture of Christ's judgment in the end of time of each of us. Backing up just five verses, we find the antithesis of this judgment, an accommodation of people whose affection and loyalty for Christ were safely kept in the places of the heart and was evidenced by the expression of their lives.

May it be for each of us we find that which should never be lost and keep safe that which should forever remain within the heart.

Pastor Fred

No comments: