Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Deuteronomy 14

Jesus' teaching that what comes out of our mouths is what makes us unclean and Peter's vision at Joppa where God says to him, "...rise and eat..." means ultimately, enjoy that bacon for breakfast! During a trip Vannessa and I took to New Orleans, a friend recommended a restaurant named Cochon, which is French for pig, was exquisite. We joked how grateful we are to have dietary freedom which too easily for me becomes avarice but that's another conversation...

The lesson we take form this should be the practice of asking some deeper questions, what is my spiritual diet like? Am I feasting upon The Pathways? What is coming out of my mouth? What are the sentiments and desires of my heart? As Peter calls the eternal part of us, the hidden person of the heart, is that part of us well fed?

Pastor Fred

No comments: