Saturday, January 22, 2011

January 22

I've thrown my 7 iron down for the third time...still no snake! I must not have a Moses calling, but I still have my moments of lacking faith. Really though, which took more faith, believing your staff would become a snake after being cast to the ground or picking it back up by the tail...Moses on Animal Planet!

The person in the story who was rockin the faith was Aaron. There was no facebook in ancient Egypt. Aaron had not seen his brother Moses in 40 years, nor heard from him. Aaron is praying one day and bam...God speaks, "Wander out in the desert toward Midian to meet Moses." Really? GPS? No. Mapquest? No. Tracking device? No. A favorite show our family watches is I Shouldn't Be Alive. Have you watched? They can't even find people with helicopters! Aaron, working some Divine triangulation. He not only believes he heard from God and goes, but he is led by God supernaturally to the exact spot to find him! Aaron is bringing the faith!

Fast forward a handful of centuries to Matthew 14...Jesus, "Oh ye of little faith." I fail in my faith more than I prefer to admit. I am Peter. I am Moses. Lord, help me to Aaron up in my faith.

Pastor Fred

No comments: