Thursday, January 6, 2011

January 6

Genesis 16:1-3...husbands, may we heed this text! Listening to our wives' words is not enough; we must hear what is really being said, the cry of their heart. Let me take some liberty here and re-write what Abram (his name has not yet been changed by God to Abraham) should have heard...

"Abram, it is not fair that I have not been able to have children. God is against me. If He wanted, He could cause me to have children tomorrow and yet He has abandoned me. There is no hope for me in life. I know deep in your heart you despise the day you met me. Because of me, your hope to see the promise of a family fulfilled is ruined. Every day you are surrounded by women. Every day you see women who could give you the children you desire. Leave me and embrace them. I'm no good for you."

Abram, "Okay..."

Really Abram! Come on men! Let's be men! May we hear the hearts cry of our wives, may we hear beyond the words spoken, may we never add to their pain, may we be life unto them.

Pastor Fred

No comments: