Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day

The timing of today's reading is wonderful!  As I read 1 Chronicles 27, the heading in my translation (New Living Translation) is "Military Commanders and Divisions."

I was talking with a pastor friend recently who lives out of state and he asked about City Life and what about this church where Vannessa and I are privileged to serve is so special to us.  One of the first things I shared was the profound sense of gratitude I have for those who serve our country through the military.

The Newport News campus is easily 25% active military and the Williamsburg campus breaks 50%.  They are patriots, setting the greatest of examples for citizenship, simply stellar, each and every one! On this day of honoring, we applaud you, celebrate you, acknowledge you...with as much respect as a human heart can feel, ours overflow for each of you!

Pastor Fred

No comments: